Junior Jobs Board
The Best Entry Level Jobs in one Place
Fri Jan 18 2019
Shibuya, Japan • Full-time
As a Web Developer in Yaraku, you'll be working with a small but experienced team of developers. An Agile-Scrum methodology gives us flexibility and adaptability, which gives our devs more freedom in design and implementation. Our devs work independently and are responsible for all stages of development; from design to implemention to testing to deployment.
- Experience with other languages (Ruby, Python) is a plus.
- Understanding of OOP design patterns.
- The habit of automatic testing as a natural part of the development flow.
- Experience with Laravel 5, Backbone.js and ReactJS is a plus.
- Experience in distributed full-text search engines such as Elasticsearch or Solr is a plus.
- Experience in server management and infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience or knowledge of DevOps (Docker, Ansible etc) a strong plus.
- Work proficiency in English (Japanese is not required, but a plus).
- Bachelor's degree or 10-years Work Experience (for Visa purposes)
- Visa sponsorship
- Full Employment under Japanese law (which includes National Health Insurance and Pension)
- Commute Fee covered
- No Overtime
- Remote work possible
Yaraku is a small start-up located in Shibuya, Tokyo. We're a software company, dealing with language and translation. Our focus is primarily on our web-based Translation Management System application. We don't have much of a work hierarchy, with everyone interacting as peers and equals. The international nature of the team leads to English being used around the office.