Under the guidance and supervision of DCD-O, the HR Analyst is responsible for transparent implementation of HR strategies in COs, effective delivery of HR services and management of the CO HR Unit. He/she analyses, interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, establishes internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The HR Analyst supervises and leads the staff of the HR Unit or is a team member of the HR Unit. The HR Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff ensuring successful CO performance in HR management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
- Continuous analysis of corporate HR strategies and policies, assessing the impact of changes and making recommendations on their implementation in the CO. Continuous research of the matters related to conditions of service, salaries, allowances and other policy matters. Elaboration and introduction of measurement indicators, monitoring and reporting on achievement of results.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management, control of the workflows in the HR Unit.
- Implementation of the strategic approach to recruitment in the CO, proper use of contractual modalities, forecast of the staffing needs, performance evaluation and staff career development management.
Effective human resources management
- Management of International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to the HR Unit.
- Management of recruitment processes including job descriptions, job classification, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, chairing interview panels, making recommendations on recruitment. Oversight of recruitment under UNDP projects.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Local Appointment and Promotion Board (LAPB).
- Management of contracts in and outside Atlas. Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas. Upon delegation of responsibility, performs HR Manager functions in Atlas.
- Development and management of rosters.
- Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Staff performance management and career development
- Elaboration and implementation of the protocol for performance appraisal process, facilitation of the process, elaboration of performance evaluation indicators in consultation with the Senior Management.
- Support to effective learning management including establishment of the Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in collaboration with the Senior Management and Learning Manager. Implementation of the Universal Access strategy ensuring access to role appropriate learning activities.
- Provision of effective counseling to staff on career advancement, development needs, learning possibilities.
- Implementation of strategic staffing policies in line with career development.
Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Organization and coordination of comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys in coordination with the Operations Manager.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Organization of trainings for operations/ programme staff on HR issues.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Building Partnerships
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Job Knowledge / Technical Expertise
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Client Orientation
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- HR Certification programme.
- Fluency in English and in the national language of the duty station.