Junior Jobs Board
The Best Entry Level Jobs in one Place
Full Stack Developer(Visa sponsor)
Wed Jan 02 2019
München, Germany • Full-time
- MindDoc (Schoen Digital Labs) is the digital unit of Schön Klinik.
- But let’s not get ahead of ourselves: Schön Klinik is one of the largest private hospital groups in Germany, operating 23 locations throughout Germany and the UK, employing more than 10,000 employees and generating in excess of 750M EUR of revenue every year. Our core expertise for over 30 years: Finding ways to make the delivery of care measurably and tangibly better – for the sake of the patient.
- We have come to understand that digital technologies will play a massive role in this. Apps that are treating patients with eating disorders before they seek in-patient care with us? Wearables, which recognize Parkinson’s disease long before our human eye will ever be able to? Gaming consoles that allow our patients to do their rehabilitation from the comfort of their homes? Jumping on a quick Skype call with your doctor? Robots are already familiar faces in our operating theaters, but will they soon work autonomously?
- In an age where digital disruption lurks behind every corner, we can only get a glimpse into how our healthcare system will look in 10 or 20 years from now. However, we are determined to be catalysts for the change that is ahead of us, not passive bystanders. To ensure that we can do this with the agile and customer-centric thinking of a much smaller organization, we have built a speedboat within the organization: MindDoc.
- With MindDoc, we are pursuing two basic objectives: On the one hand, we seek to identify digital technologies capable of improving the delivery of care across diseases in our treatment portfolio and then implement them across our hospitals. This will ensure that we remain at the forefront of quality-centric medicine. On the other hand, we are using the assets of our traditional hospital business to develop standalone digital products and business models – from scratch.
- The advantage that we hold over a startup trying to do the same, at least in our (perhaps slightly biased) view: (a) Immediate patient access – we are seeing more than 300,000 patients every year. (b) Medical expertise – with over 2,000 doctors and therapists, we have a deep and broad understanding of medicine. (c) Finally, as a Bavarian, but an increasingly international family-owned company, we have the same entrepreneurial hunger as ever, but with more financial resources. We want to execute today, but have the freedom to take a long-term view if needed.
- You will report to our CTO and work closely with the Product Owner and the rest of the development team on building our first digital product from scratch. You will have the freedom to use state-of-the-art technologies and in turn, be expected to deliver a stellar user experience.
- You play a key role in the core strategy of the company: you are significantly responsible for our overall success.
- You drive software development best practices as well as Continuous Delivery in line with product management.
- You contribute to an engineering culture where developers enjoy to work and keep learning.
- You have a track record in building web or mobile applications in agile environments.
- You have experience in test-driven development. We take testing really seriously.
- You have some experience with SPA frameworks (Vue.js, Angular.js, React.js...) and very good knowledge of the whole web stack.
- A background developing mobile applications (iOS and Android) is very much valued. Experience with Flutter is a big plus.
- You have some Backend experience (e.g. Node.js) and able to work efficiently on cloud platforms like Google Cloud, AWS, Heroku or Azure.
- You have very good knowledge of Git, development workflow automation and CI (Gitlab CI, Travis, Jenkins, CircleCI...). Continuous Delivery is in our DNA.
- Fluency with Docker and Kubernetes is an advantage. We use Kubernetes charts for defining our dockerized application infrastructure with code.
- You have an appreciation for great user experience as much as for awesome tech architecture.
- You are great at communicating with people, motivating everyone and getting the whole team on the same page.
- Previous experience with machine learning frameworks will be useful to us in the future.
- Fluency in English, German is a plus.
- The most important one: willingness to learn. We are constantly learning new things and we enjoy it a lot. As we use a lot of new technologies, we don't expect to find people experienced in all of them. If you are excited about our tech-stack and you think you are a fast learner, do not hesitate to apply!
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to digitize – and thereby improve – medicine. It’s not easy, but when it works it is incredibly meaningful. Perfect if you have grown tired of food delivery services and browser
- A carefully crafted balance between digital health startup (flat hierarchies, a self-dependent way of working, clear-cut communication, speed) and family-owned hospital group (bold decision making, medical depth, regulatory framework).
- An open-space office in Munich – free drinks included (naturally!).
- And if you’re ever in need of real support instead of a bottle of Club Mate, we’re offering you a broad range of perks – from child support to VIP treatment for you and your loved ones in one of our treatment facilities.
Visa sponsor and Paid relocation